Bus error on Solaris 9

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Mar 2 18:51:27 CET 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 21:07:36 -0500, gabriel rosenkoetter said:

> There's something in the back of my mind about gcc 3.3 having some
> serious assembler problems on sparc64. I think I'm remembering it
> from port-sparc64 at netbsd.org, and I also think there's a NetBSD-

I don't think that this is the problem: I have a similar problems on a
sparc64 Debian box.  The problem there is that there is something
weird going on and not just a plain SIGBUS; my current guess is that
the unaligned access is emulated by Linux and something is going
wrong.  There seems to be no way to disable that emulation (like on
Alphas).

> It may be worth searching the port-sparc64 and tech-toolchain

I will do that.

Thanks,

  Werner