GPG encrypting and decrypting files

Steve Butler sbutler at fchn.com
Wed Mar 3 08:06:34 CET 2004

Did you copy the keyring or use the appropriate export/import commands?

On the recipient machine, do the following:

  gpg --list-secret-keys

See if your secret key is listed there.  Do the same on the sending machine.
I'm convinced that the two lists will be different.

You may need to:

1.  Use  --export-secret-keys on the one box to
2.  Use  --import on the other box of the secret keys exported in #1
3.  (If older GnuPG) use --allow-secret-key-import when doing #2.