how to recover a clearsigned file?

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat Mar 27 19:51:16 CET 2004

Hello everyone,

[Please c.c. me, as I'm not on the list.]

I'm wondering whether there is a correct way to recover the contents of a
clearsigned text file?  The --decrypt command seems to almost do this,
except that it corrupts lines that contain only a space (it removes the
space).  Why is it that --decrypt does this? Is it a bug?

Right now, what I'm now doing is looking for the
all lines beginning with "- -" after that.  I'm not very comfortable doing
this, since I tend to fear that there might be an attack where someone
and trick me into using the wrong signed contents.  Also, I'm not sure if
gnupg does anything other than escaping lines beginning with '-'.

In general, it seems like gpg ought to have *some* provision of extracting
the contents of a clearsigned file...
--
David Roundy
http://www.abridgegame.org/darcs