OK, here goes trouble... re c:\gnupg

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Nov 9 18:15:48 CET 2004

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 09:24:30 -0600 (CST), Walter Torres said:

> Well, that is true. The windows explorer will NOT let you create a
> directory that begins with a PERIOD. But that's OK, because the command
> line will. And since this "feature" is for us hopless (and lost) Linux
> fools, that works.

What about W98 or more general FAT file systems? IIRC< it was not
possible to create such a directory using the System call or the
command line.  Using "gnupg" instead of ".gnupg" will work - would
that be acceptable?

> OK, Precedance search:
>  1) GNUPGHOME
>  2) reg key
>  3) HOME

See also my other posting. which would turn the avove into

   1) GNUPGHOME
   2) reg key
   3) %ApplicationData%...
   3) HOME

> Lastly, I wish to give my gratitude for this thoughtful conversation on
> this topic. Too many times I've been rebuffed out of hand.

Coincidently Timo and me started to talk about a better directory
usage a few days ago.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner