[Announce] GnuPG 1.3.91 released (development)

Kai Raven kairaven at arcor.de
Fri Oct 22 21:31:14 CEST 2004

Hi Servie,

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:09:20 -0700 (PDT) you wrote:

> Now, Mr. Kai Raven mentioned and encourages to try out
> the development release, see below:

No, David Shaw or Werner Koch from the GnuPG Team made the announcments
:o)

> 1. I would like to try out the development version and
> compile from source. Since, I have already a working
> copy and have compiled myself, how do I upgrade from
> version 1.2.6 to 1.3.91 so that I could try out the
> development stage?

> I have printed the GNU Privacy Handbook and I don't
> seem to find any info on how to make an upgrade.
> Should I just make another compile from source? Any
> suggestions or URL would be appreciated.

You can compile and install as with version 1.2.6, the new install
overwrites all binary files and man pages from 1.2.6.
If you prefer RPMs, you can try a rpmbuild -tb gnupg-1.3.91.tar.bz2,
because a spec file is included.

> 2. Is this development branch stable already?

It is a "developer" version but imo stable to use it with FC2 :)

--
Ciao
Kai

WWW: http://kai.iks-jena.de/