[Announce] GnuPG 1.3.91 released (development)

Zuxy zuxy.meng at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 06:58:41 CEST 2004

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:50:32 -0700 (PDT), Servie Platon
<servie_tech at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Since, this is a bz2 file and not a zip file. How do I
> make upgrade to 1.3.91? With this,
> gnupg-w32cli-1.2.5.zip which I got from gnupg.org I
> was able to enable it by following the instructions on
> mozilla howto on gpg.conf which works fine.

Well, a .tar.bz2 is just like a .zip. Extract all the files to the
directory where you've installed 1.2.5 (you may backup the old files
in advance), replace the old binaries and it'll run just fine because
a working environment for 1.2.5 is still working for 1.3.91.

> I just don't know where to go from here??? Would you
> think it would be a good idea for me to follow the
> instructions on
> http://web.tiscali.it/clbianco/gnupg/eng/gnupg.html
> (Building GnuPG for Win32 using MinGW? I could do this
> procedure and I don't mind going through the process
> further. My only hesitation, is it might conflict my

That instruction is good but a little outdated and I've written
something complementary -- "Building GnuPG 1.3.x for Win32 using
MinGW" at http://www.smth.org/pc/pccon.php?id=3683&nid=85555. If you
have problems following instructions in these two articles, feel free
to contact me through emails.

And there's a third way, since you have a working FC2 -- you can
cross-build it under the CPD version of MinGW which is available at
ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/people/werner/cpd/mingw32-cpd-0.3.1.tar.gz. I
reckon there are few problems because this way is official :-)But I'm
too lazy to try it out.

--
Zuxy
Beauty is truth,