Compiled gnupg-1.2.6 Successful??? - Indeed

Servie Platon servie_tech at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 17 13:02:10 CEST 2004

Version: GnuPG v1.2.6 (GNU/Linux)

Thank you so much Johan for the reply.

--- Johan Wevers <johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Servie Platon wrote:
>
> >Since I created, 2 or 3 public key signatures which
> >shouldn't be the case. I wanted to get rid of the
> >other two public keys that I won't use?
>
> Are you talking about keys of signatures? In both
> cases
> holds: if you didn't upload them to a keyserver, you
> can
> simply delete the key/signature. If they are already
> on a
> keyserver, there's no way of getting them off and
> you'll
> have to revoke them.

1. Yes, I have created a several key signatures in the
process and testing gnupg and following the
instructions on the manual. I'm not sure though if
simply deleting them off from my home directory would
solve the problem.

2. How do I put my key on a keyserver like that of
verisign or other key servers out there?

3. This is somewhat related to number 2, from school,
our instructor mentioned that we can setup to be our
own private key server, hosting our own public keys,
just like what you have right now. But we never got to
do this exercise in the first place.

Is this true? If so, can I safely do this setup and
coincide with my apache server project of mine which
is for hosting my personal/family site? The thing is,
we were strongly told from school that limiting
services running on your host box would definitely
limit the chances of getting compromised.

Do I have to allocate one box for this purpose or just
simply pasting my public keys on a public key server
would do the job? Or just sign up for one?

> >And final question, since I can now automatically
> sign
> >using gnupg for my private email address. Would it
> be
> >possible for me to do this too on my yahoo account?
>
> I don't know how this works from a Yahoo account.
> For webmail,
> I usually paste the signed and/or encrypted text in
> the edit
> window, and prepare it in a xterm and I'm happy with
> that
> procedure. Now I admit I only use GnuPG for
> encryption of mails
> (I usually also sign my encrypted mails but not
> always) and this
> doesn't happen too often.

4. And finally, I tried doing this command from the
terminal:
$ gpg -armor --export servie_tech at yahoo.com. Then I
copy paste on this email message which gave me a
public key block.
Is this the right way to do this? Or is there another
way to do this?

> --
> ir. J.C.A. Wevers         //  Physics and science
> fiction site:
> johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl   //
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html
> PGP/GPG public keys at
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/pgpkeys.html

Thanks again to all of you guys in this group. You
definitely have been very helpful and have made my
intended transition to linux a lot easier.

My worries now would be how to enable my created labs
web cam on linux which is of course not part of the
groups topic. Nevertheless, again thanks a lot guys!
This user group is simply one of the best!!!

Sincerely,
Servie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=ehyI
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----