XY cromosomas

Erpo erpo41 at hotpop.com
Sat Apr 16 09:24:35 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 20:41 +0200, H wrote:
> Is that forced in this case? is not enogh to be sure about her identity? I am
> forbide to sign by the gpg rules?

There are no hard and fast technical "gpg rules" that specify when you
should and should not sign someone else's key. If you sign a key when
you shouldn't, or if you don't sign a key when you should, the system is
not likely to come crashing down. The very worst that can happen is that
someone will believe that you have bad key signing judgement and decide
to trust you less.

The simple explanation is that when you sign someone's key, you are
saying that the information attached to the key describes the person who
holds the associated secret key. So if the key is associated with the
name "Clare Apellido" or just "Clare" and you know that the key belongs
to someone with that name, you can go ahead and sign the key. If the key
has a photo ID attached, so much the better.

Eric