Are gpg signatures considered attachments?

Thorsten Haude linux at thorstenhau.de
Wed Dec 28 10:46:59 CET 2005

Hi,

* Chris wrote (2005-12-28 00:45):
>> * Chris wrote (2005-12-27 03:30):
>> >On the Mandriva Newibe list signatures using OpenPGP/MIME show up as
>> >bad while those using Inline OpenPGP show up as good.
>>
>They make it to the list, however, they show up this way using OpenPGP/MIME:
>
>Message was signed by cpollock at earthlink.net (Key ID: 0xE372A7DA98E6705C).
>Warning: The signature is bad.

Standard unvalid signature then, ok.

>On the bad signature I see this when looking at the msg source:
>
>--nextPart5566026.XhGQNAZr0e
>
>On a good signature I see this:

This is from a single mail, before and after it got munged by the
mailing list software? If not, *are* the mails changed that way? In
what way are they changed? If possible, attach one of your mails from
your outbound folder and from the list folder. (I'm not sure the
others would approve though, so send the mails to me privately. Let's
keep the discussion on the list though.)

>Its even gotten so messed up that some have their signatures show bad when
>adding a sig to the bottom of the message, leaving it off shows the
>signature as valid.  The opinion on the list is that something is
>definately out of whack in the list software configuration.

So whack it over the head. These things can be changed. What software
do they use? What does the list provider say? What does the creator of
the mailing list say?

Thorsten
--
Der Leser hat's gut: Er kann sich seine Schriftsteller aussuchen.
    - Kurt Tucholsky