Howto multiple mail accts.

Toni devegades at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 11:37:01 CET 2005

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 15:35:41 -0500 (EST), Atom Smasher <atom at smasher.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Feb 2005, Toni wrote:
>
> > I have several mail accounts, some personal, some for work, etc.
>
> if it's no secret that all of the accounts belong to you, then a single
> key with multiple UIDs is probably the best thing. it's certainly the
> easiest.

Yes, I was considering this approach for my work accounts. With those
it can even be good to publicize the other accounts. The question is
what happens when you change project / client / etc and are given a
new mail address? Do you need everybody to resign your key or does it
suffice to add / delete UIDs?

> if you don't want people to immediately know that all of the accounts
> belong to you, then use multiple keys.

Yes, that's why I wanted to have a master and several other keys. Even
if it would be easy for the knowledgeable to find out all addresses I
have, it would not be evident for the casual spammer.

> i have 3 keys that are publicly distributed. one for business and
> professional correspondence, one for casual correspondence and one for an
> address (read: identity) that i don't share with too many people.
>
> on my casual correspondence key i have 2 UIDs. it's no secret that i
> control both of those mailboxes.

Similar to my situation.

> if you decide to use multiple subkeys this might help -
> http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/subkeys

Yes, I had already seen this. To my novice eyes it seems to much of
twiddling. Maybe when I have some more experience I'll give it another
look.

Thanks for your comments.

--
Toni