Help on Enigmail - Mozilla 1.7.7. with Win XPP

gpg.20.subu at spamgourmet.com gpg.20.subu at spamgourmet.com
Thu May 12 21:49:47 CEST 2005

Hi

Forgive my intrustion into your inbox. What's the correct place to ask
questions on Enigmail ? If it is here ....... I have the following
-------------------------------

Hi

I'm totally new to GPG (I know the concepts behind PGP)

I use Win XPP + Mozilla 1.7.7. I've recently downloaded enigmail to use
with Mozilla - as I was advised that Enigmail has most functions for a
startup user

- Lets say I get a signed message - like the ones from this
"gnupg-users" list
- I click on the "pen" ICON (displayed by Mozilla) to check the
signature
- I get a message "public key not found"
- I proceed to try and download the public key from one of the 4 servers
listed in Enigmail ~ I suppose defaults as of now in Enigmail
- I get either a *socket error* or a *key not found error*

- How do I proceed further ?

- Is there a better way to import public keys into enigmail ?

AND
- where is the public key ring stored by enigmail ?

p.s.
- - -
If this isn't the right place please suggest the right place to ask
questions above

TIA

Subu

p.s. - Forgive my intrustion into your inbox. I've tried asking this
question to the list - but guess my membership still awaits moderator
approval and so I'm sending this to all of you..