GnuPG Large File Issues - Windows

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sun Sep 4 10:28:42 CEST 2005

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 10:02:31 -0400, Jeffrey Tadlock said:

> Am I typing something wrong?  Here is what I typed:

> gpg --encrypt-files -r "System Administrator" -z 0 < sql-db.bak > sql-db.gpg

Sorry, I missed that you are using --encrypt-files.  This command is
deifferent to --encrypt in that it takes a list of filenames from
stdin or a given filename and encrypts all files given in this list.
This is not what you want.

use

  gpg --encrypt -r "System Administrator" -z 0 < sql-db.bak > sql-db.gpg

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner