Transparent keyboards

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 5 17:40:26 CEST 2005

Jean-David Beyer wrote:

>I imagine if the NSA really wanted to decrypt a gpg-encrypted message, they
>have the resources to do it. It would probably take them a while if they had
>to use brute force

No, they can's do it by brute force. Look even at the power requirements
to do such a calculation: we're talking about an energy consumption that
is more that the entire sun will radiate during its entire lifetime.
I'm pretty sure that's beyond anything even the NSA can deploy.

If they are able to decrypt pgp/gpg, it will be because they either broke
an algorithm or implementation of it, or they have obtained the key by
other means (keylogger, hidden camera, tempest, virus, torture).

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers         //  Physics and science fiction site:
johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl   //  http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html