Transparent keyboards

the dragon ceprn at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 5 19:28:56 CEST 2005

I suspect, with enough horsepower and resources, any encrytion can be
broken.

I am sure, at one point, all encrytion was thought to be unbreakable.

peace,
clark 'the dragon' willis

services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is the
only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be

I work to live; I don't live to work.

"Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you
can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people
spend it for you."

Carl Sandburg
(1878 - 1967)

----Original Message Follows----

Jean-David Beyer wrote:

 >I imagine if the NSA really wanted to decrypt a gpg-encrypted message,
they
 >have the resources to do it. It would probably take them a while if they
had
 >to use brute force

No, they can's do it by brute force. Look even at the power requirements
to do such a calculation: we're talking about an energy consumption that
is more that the entire sun will radiate during its entire lifetime.
I'm pretty sure that's beyond anything even the NSA can deploy.

If they are able to decrypt pgp/gpg, it will be because they either broke
an algorithm or implementation of it, or they have obtained the key by
other means (keylogger, hidden camera, tempest, virus, torture).