newbie: --edit-key problem

Alphax alphasigmax at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 05:13:13 CEST 2006

Michael D. Berger wrote:
> [...]

The OpenPGP spec (RFC 2440) says that 3DES is *required* for a cipher
algorithm; it is mandatory that programs complying to the RFC implement
3DES as a cipher algorithm, DSA and Elgamal for keys, and SHA-1 for a
hash function.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Good_Privacy#Feature_comparison sums
it up pretty neatly.

--