GPGME: Exporting a private key

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Aug 1 12:10:27 CEST 2006

On Tue,  1 Aug 2006 10:46, Ludovic Courtès said:

> (I couldn't find a `gpgme-users' list so I'm trying this one.)

Thar is fine.

> Is there are way to export a private key with GPGME?  Currently,
> `gpgme_op_export ()' and friends don't seem to allow for this.

No. And we won't add such a feature.  This has been discussed here
(or at gnupg-devel@) several times.

> Also, rather than using `gpgme_op_export ()' and passing it a pattern
> (whose format and interpretation are not well documented, BTW), it would

For OpenPGP the pattern are the same as what you may use with gpg
(e.g. gpg -r PATTERN)

> be nice if one could export a specific key:
>
>   gpgme_error_t gpgme_key_export (gpgme_key_t key, int armor,
>                                   gpgme_data_t keydata);

Use the fingerprint of the key (hexified).  This is the most specific
way of identifying a key.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner