Problem retrieving encrypted email

John Clizbe JPClizbe at comcast.net
Sat Aug 19 06:02:02 CEST 2006

1wing-angel wrote:
> I don't know if this is a Thunderbird issue, a GnuPG issue, or a Engimail
> issue. I'm assuming it's Thunderbird's problem. I also don't know if I
> should post this to you guys or Thunderbird or Enigmail, but anyway I hope
> this is the right place.
>
> So far everything is working ok, BUT whenever I send a "Signed and
> Encrypted" email to myself, it goes through Gmail but I can't receive it
> with my Thunderbird email client.
>
> When I log onto my Gmail account, the signed and encrypted email is there in
> my inbox, but when I try to retrieve the message from my Thunderbird email
> client, it doesn't work. It doesn't give me any error messages or anything.
>
> *I use the latest Thunderbird and Engimail*
>
> How would I retrieve the signed and encrypted email that I sent to myself
> with my Thunderbird email client?
>
> I'm thinking this is a configuration issue. I just don't know where to look.
> I've checked the Thunderbird configuration settings, but it doesn't give me
> any hints. Maybe one of you guys/gals can lend me a hand?
>
> Thank you.

Well, since it's a problem with POP3 retrieval, it's not GnuPG or Enigmail.

Does POP work for other messages from GMail?

Try these:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13273
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=38343

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:   John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. PGP/GPG KeyID: 0x608D2A10/0x18BB373A

"Just how do the residents of Haiku, Hawai'i hold conversations?"