Trouble with enigmail and Thunderbird 1.5

John Clizbe JPClizbe at comcast.net
Mon Jan 23 23:26:26 CET 2006

Jean-David Beyer wrote:
> I have recently switched ISP, but I also upgraded Thunderbird at the same time.
>
> Now when I get a gpg signed e-mail, I supposedly can check the pen? and it
> will offer to download the key, giving me a choice of keyservers. I
> generally pick random.sks.keyserver.penguin.de
>
> But now, when I do that, it just buzzes around and never downloads the key.
> I looked at my firewall, and it is not blocking it. I tried it manually with
>
>  gpg --keyserver keyserver.kjsl.com --recv-key 0xF621EDAD
>
> for example, and it worked fine.
>
> Is this a known problem? Or should I find a Thunderbird newsgroup to ask?
> And if so, which one?

It's a known problem. You are using Enigmail 0.94.0 with GnuPG 1.2.1. Enigmail
versions >= 0.90.0 *require* GnuPG 1.4.x for full functionality. Please upgrade
to GnuPG 1.4.2.

As far as a Thunderbird newsgroup, may I suggest instead the Enigmail mailing
list/newsgroup: enigmail at mozdev.org or news:public.mozdev.enigmail. The Enigmail
list is well versed with common problems experienced with using Thunderbird and
SeaMonkey with GnuPG.

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:   John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. PGP/GPG KeyID: 0x608D2A10/0x18BB373A

"Just how do the residents of Haiku, Hawai'i hold conversations?"