Compression routines - please include 7-Zip

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Mon Aug 20 21:46:13 CEST 2007

Henry Hertz Hobbit wrote:
> I am used to the forty years that Microsoft takes.

MS's implementation of zip compression is known to be ridiculously slow.
 Most other zip implementations are orders of magnitude faster.

> Tell Richard Stallman to stop toking up long enough so that we can
> discuss this and head it in the right direction.

RMS is not a core contributor for the GnuPG project.  He is also not on
the IETF OpenPGP working group.

If you are interested in pitching this, I would suggest pitching it to
the IETF.  GnuPG's typical position is to only support the RFC, without
any embrace-and-extend.