Compression routines - please include 7-Zip

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Tue Aug 21 08:43:52 CEST 2007

Henry Hertz Hobbit wrote:
> Settle down.  I am arguing for the inclusion of 7zip IN THE FUTURE!

Once more, this mailing list is not the correct forum to raise your
concerns.  Please do it on the IETF OpenPGP WG mailing list.

> What I am arguing for is NOT to forget 7zip exists
> when you do the next iteration of the RFC.

Given that the RFC cycle has ended and a formal submission made to the
IETF just weeks ago, I do not expect a new submission for at least five
years.

There will likely be a series of -bis releases in the months and years
to come.  If you want to get 7Z in a -bis release, you need to talk to
the IETF OpenPGP WG.

I do not know how to make the preceding more clear.