Newbie - compiling gnupg-1.4.6 and GpgSM

Geoff capsthorne at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 12 12:15:53 CET 2007

Hello,

I am trying to update, extend (and actually begin to use),
the gpg on this rather old Slackware box (9.1).

gnupg-2.0.1 needs some libraries. That is fine, but one of
them is libpthread.  (I have /lib/libpthread-0.10.so, but no
pth-config and I can't persuade .configure to find / use
my 0.10.)  As I understand it, libpthread is part of libc,
and I do not feel competent to disturb my installed libc by
upgrading libpthread.

So, I fall back on gnupg-1.4.6, which compiles and installs
nicely.

Then I try to install gpgme-1.0.3.  It wants GpgSM version
min. 1.9.6.  As I understand it (I have googled and searched
the archive of this list), GpgSM is now part of
gnupg-2.0.1, which I can't have for the reason given above.

I have tried to find sources for GpgSM by following the
links in old posts on this list to Project Ägypten - but if
the sources for GpgSM were ever available there, I can't
find them now.

Is there somewhere I can find GpgSM sources for my
gnupg-1.4.6 / gpgme-1.0.3 please?

Any other advice?

Thanks,

Geoff