Newbie - compiling gnupg-1.4.6 and GpgSM

Luis luis at riseup.net
Fri Jan 12 15:05:01 CET 2007

Hi Geoff,

Citando Geoff:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to update, extend (and actually begin to use),
> the gpg on this rather old Slackware box (9.1).
>
> gnupg-2.0.1 needs some libraries. That is fine, but one of
> them is libpthread.  (I have /lib/libpthread-0.10.so, but no
> pth-config and I can't persuade .configure to find / use
> my 0.10.)  As I understand it, libpthread is part of libc,
> and I do not feel competent to disturb my installed libc by
> upgrading libpthread.

AFAIK you can just compile and install GNU Pth, no need to update
Slackware's glibc.

Actually, I have created SlackBuilds for GnuPG 2.x and all it's
dependencies, including libpth. I only tested these scripts under
Slackware 11.0, but you could give them a try under Slackware 9.1.

You can find them at:

http://slack.sarava.org/slackbuilds/dev/libs/libpth/
http://slack.sarava.org/slackbuilds/dev/libs/libgpg-error/
http://slack.sarava.org/slackbuilds/dev/libs/libassuan/
http://slack.sarava.org/slackbuilds/dev/libs/libgcrypt/
http://slack.sarava.org/slackbuilds/dev/libs/libksba/
http://slack.sarava.org/slackbuilds/app/crypt/gnupg2/

Create and install the packages following the order above and you
shouldn't have any problems regarding dependencies. Also, these scripts
should take care of downloading the sources (and its signatures), if
necessary.

Let me know if/how it works out.
Bye.