Newbie - compiling gnupg-1.4.6 and GpgSM

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sun Jan 14 13:34:15 CET 2007

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:15, capsthorne at yahoo.co.uk said:

> gnupg-2.0.1 needs some libraries. That is fine, but one of
> them is libpthread.  (I have /lib/libpthread-0.10.so, but no

No, GnuPG does not require libpthread.  However some distros seem to
distribute a libpthread which is actually a the pthread emulation of
Pth.  GnuPG is based on the native Pth API and it is not possible to
use pthread instead.  Even worse, recent Pth versions made soft
syscall mapping the default and this conflicts with GnuPG as it
assumes the old API.

The SVN version does now explicitly request no mapping which solves
the problem.

> links in old posts on this list to Project Ägypten - but if
> the sources for GpgSM were ever available there, I can't
> find them now.

ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/alpha/gnupg/gnupg-1.9.x

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner