Newbie - compiling gnupg-1.4.6 and GpgSM

Geoff capsthorne at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 12 15:46:00 CET 2007

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:05:01 -0200
Luis <luis at riseup.net> wrote:

<snip>

> AFAIK you can just compile and install GNU Pth, no need
> to update Slackware's glibc.

Hi Luis,

Thank-you for your quick and helpful response.

After I wrote to the list I experimented by compiling
libpthread and installing  into  a safe place in my home
directory.  I put pth-config temporarily into /bin and I
was able to compile gnupg-2.0.  I have not installed it yet
though.  I will do that later this evening.

I thought that it would probably be safe to run gnupg-2.0.1
against that "safe" libpthread, but it is obviously better
and simpler if I can install it system-wide as you seem to
have done.

> Actually, I have created SlackBuilds for GnuPG 2.x and
> all it's dependencies, including libpth. I only tested
> these scripts under Slackware 11.0, but you could give
> them a try under Slackware 9.1.
>
> You can find them at:
>
> http://slack.sarava.org/slackbuilds/dev/libs/libpth/
> http://slack.sarava.org/slackbuilds/dev/libs/libgpg-error/
> http://slack.sarava.org/slackbuilds/dev/libs/libassuan/
> http://slack.sarava.org/slackbuilds/dev/libs/libgcrypt/
> http://slack.sarava.org/slackbuilds/dev/libs/libksba/
> http://slack.sarava.org/slackbuilds/app/crypt/gnupg2/
>
> Create and install the packages following the order above
> and you shouldn't have any problems regarding
> dependencies. Also, these scripts should take care of
> downloading the sources (and its signatures), if
> necessary.

Thank-you very much for that.  As I have said, I have built
everything now anyway, and so I probably won't need the
builds you have helpfully contributed, but if my own builds
don't work, I will certainly try them.

I will let you know how I get on.

Regards,

Geoff