Upgrade from 1.0.4 to 1.4.6

SeidlS at schneider.com SeidlS at schneider.com
Thu Jan 18 17:59:06 CET 2007

Can anyone help with an upgrade from 1.0.4 to 1.4.6 on AIX.  We have
installed the new version, but are running into issue with the keys on the
existing key rings.  We are getting errors that gpg is questions whether
the keys actual belongs to the person named in the user ID.  We have run
the --rebuild-keydb-caches, but are still getting that error.  Can anyone
provide some input on what we need to do to fix this issue?

CBCibmdev04:/export/home/itjobs$ home/itjobs/.gnupg -ear XXXXXXXXX <
testfile *
gpg: WARNING: using insecure memory!
gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html for more information
gpg: XXXXXXXXX: There is no assurance this key belongs to the named user

pub  1024g/XXXXXXXXX 2003-02-06  EDI (EDI Test Key) <ediservice
s at xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com>
 Primary key fingerprint: AAF9 C611 633D FAA0 845A  C03F C1D0 10E8 79CD
3074
      Subkey fingerprint: 54E4 614C 5CE1 CF8F 45D1  6250 7428 0BD7 7EF1
B88A

It is NOT certain that the key belongs to the person named
in the user ID.  If you *really* know what you are doing,
you may answer the next question with yes.

Use this key anyway? (y/N)

Thanks
Scott Seidl
Electronic Communication Services
seidls at schneider.com
Tel) 920-592-2163

This document, and any attachments therein, contains proprietary and
confidential information that may not be disclosed without the prior
written permission of Schneider National, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
Unauthorized use or misuse of this information and its contents is strictly
prohibited. Schneider National, Inc. vigorously protects its rights.