[snowcrash+gnupg-users] pinentry-qt (svn/r153) crashes on exec @ "assuan_register_command"; v0.7.2 execs no error.

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Jan 24 15:47:11 CET 2007

Hi,

thanks for the report.

At first glance, the data in the report doesn't add up to much,
unfortunately.  The source code hardly changed between 0.7.2 and r153,
and not at all in the general area of the crash.  Do the other
pinentries crash as well?  (pinentry-curses has the fewest
dependencies).

If you send me both executables, I will try to make my luck with the
assembler, although PowerPC is not really my platform.  But I need the
binaries to make at least some sense out of the register state.

As of yet I can't even make a good guess to what the problem is, sorry.

Thanks,
Marcus