openpgp card problem

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jan 26 12:21:02 CET 2007

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 23:14, j.lysdal at gmail.com said:

> So, if i have my public key, and the stub is missing, all i have to do
> is load the card with --card-edit? and im back to normal?

Yes.  --card-status should also be sufficient for this.  However
--edit-card has the fetch command which retrieved the public key using
the stored URL.  Some people reported that this feature does not work
for them; however I have not yet been abale to duplicate the problem.

> pub  1024R/B4EEB7CA 2007-01-25 Jorgen Christiansen Lysdal
> <j.lysdal at gmail.com>
> sec>  1024R/B4EEB7CA  created: 2007-01-25  expires: 2009-01-24
>                       card-no: 0001 00000A7A
> ssb>  1024R/ED5EFA17  created: 2007-01-25  expires: never
>                       card-no: 0001 00000A7A
>

> It stores the public part of my masterkey but not the subkey?

You mean that you see pub and then sec and sbb?  That seems to be a
bug.  We use the sec listing fucntion internally because this also
displays the number of the card which is useful if the subkeys are
stored on different cards.  If that disturbs you, please open a bug in
at bugs.gnupg.org.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner