gpgsm - "middle"-certificates

Daniel Kaminsky danielkaminsky at web.de
Wed Jul 11 07:56:27 CEST 2007

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

> They should install these certificates
That's right, but I want to avoid this. This is also the reason why I have
chosen a CA whose certificates are pre-installed.

> or you can end them along;  Kmail
> has an option in the crypto backend for this which is actually
>
>   @item --include-certs @var{n}
>   @opindex include-certs
>   Using @var{n} of -2 includes all certificate except for the root cert,
>   -1 includes all certs, 0 does not include any certs, 1 includes only
>   the signers cert (this is the default) and all other positive
>   values include up to @var{n} certificates starting with the signer cert.
>
> So might want to set this to 2.
This is just the option I needed. Unfortunately I cannot set it in KMail, as I
am not able to find it there. (Ubuntu with KDE 3.5.6 and KMail 1.9.6).
But setting the option directly in gpgsm.conf works perfectly.

Regards, Daniel