How to change passphrase for ssh-keys?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jul 12 12:49:45 CEST 2007

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 13:10, lofi at freebsd.org said:

> What is the recommended way to do this? Note well, I'm not talking about the

I just realized that there is no tool for this.  However there is a way:
Look into the ~/.gnupg/sshcontrol file.  There you find the keygrip of
all allowed ssh keys.  Take that keygrip (actually a SHA-1 hash) and run

  echo passwd 11223344556677889900 | gpg-connect-agent

The pinentry then pops up and asks for the old and the new passphrase.
You can use this command for any key stored by gpg-agent.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner