openpgp card sharing violation

Tristan Williams web at tristanwilliams.com
Fri Jul 13 16:31:09 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have started to get these errors when trying to use my openpgp card.

g4dual:~ tw$ gpg --card-status
gpg: detected reader `OMNIKEY CardMan 3121 0 0'
gpg: pcsc_connect failed: sharing violation (0x8010000b)
gpg: card reader not available
gpg: OpenPGP card not available: general error

They do not happen all the time, but always when the machine has just
booted up. Removing and replacing the card in the reader often
persuades the set up to work. I have tried it with my other scmart
card reader SCR335 and get the same. Also with various gpg from 1.42 up.

This started to occur after I moved to a dual cpu machine - I can't
ever having had it on my old machine.

Any wisdom gratefully received.

Kind regards

Tristan Williams