Pin fails with svn & ssh & gnupg-agent & smartcard.

Guillaume Yziquel guillaume.yziquel at free.fr
Thu Jul 12 22:21:05 CEST 2007

> There are some weird things going on.  Are you still in Zurich?  You
> might want to ask Georg, what's going on.  My guess is that either your
> reader is broken or some hotplug stuff covertly changes the permission.
>
> Shalom-Salam,
>
>    Werner

Hi, Werner.

Georg is quite busy... I'll ask. But what worries me is that I seem
somehow to get in the same kind of problem that made me change from
pcscd to scdaemon.

http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2007-June/031391.html

I'm afraid I'll have to revert to pcscd.

Therefore, one small question: Should I use pcscd or scdaemon. What are
the major pros and cons between these two solutions?

And how does one usually attempt to localise the "bug" in this situation?

Thanks, Werner.

Guillaume.