gpg2 for windows?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Jul 18 09:04:31 CEST 2007

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 00:08, j.lysdal at gmail.com said:

> Are there any plans to provide a gpg2 installer for windows?
> as i am not interested in using the gpg4win package.

Actually gpg4win 1.1.1 already features gnupg2.  However it is at this
point not very usabable some command line actions do work but there are
quite some bugs.

We are working on this, yesterday I achieved to sent the first S/MIME
mail using Claws and gnupg2.  Stay tuned.

> In particular, does anyone know why the gpg4win gpg builds
> does not come with bzip2 support?

Because it is an optional part of OpenPGP and iirc even PGP does not
support bzip2.  I'll see whether we can include it into the gpg4win
build.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner