GnuPG and PGP 5.0 compatibility problem

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Wed Jul 18 18:41:52 CEST 2007

> standard current open pgp algorithms go up to algo 10 (twofish)
> for cipher algorithms, and algo 11 (sha224) for hash algorithms

Also, be careful when you say "standard OpenPGP algorithms".  You're
citing RFC2440bis22 here, which is a draft revision of RFC2440.  It's
still a work in progress, so citing it as a canonical reference is
probably unwise.

The canonical RFC2440 (dating from November 1998) only has symmetric
cipher entries from 0-9 and hash algorithms up to 7.

--
Robert J. Hansen <rjh at sixdemonbag.org>

"Most people are never thought about after they're gone.  'I wonder
where Rob got the plutonium?' is better than most get." -- Phil Munson