Invalid Pin

sysspoof sysspoof at ng-lab.org
Sun Jul 29 17:56:11 CEST 2007

Hello

 I have a problem with my scard from fsfe.
 I can access the card:
 pgr$ gpg --card-edit

 gpg: detected reader `CCID Smart Card Reader 0 0'
 Application ID ...: D2760001240101010001000007760000
 Version ..........: 1.1
 Manufacturer .....: PPC Card Systems
 Serial number ....: 00000776
 Name of cardholder: Patrick Grieshaber
 Language prefs ...: de
 Sex ..............: male
 URL of public key : [not set]
 Login data .......: pgr
 Private DO 1 .....: [not set]
 Private DO 2 .....: [946] Patrick Grieshaber <pgr at fsfe.org>
 CA fingerprint 1 .: C485 A6CD 7EC6 6E9E EC33  65F2 70F2 75E4 C32F 6CA5
 Signature PIN ....: not forced
 Max. PIN lengths .: 254 254 254
 PIN retry counter : 3 0 3
 Signature counter : 0
 General key info..: [none]

 Command:

 But if i know want to create subkeys as the tutorials says:

 pgr$ gpg --edit-key Patrick Grieshaber
 gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.7; Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
 This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
 under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

 Secret key is available.

 pub  1024D/2DBAE103  created: 2007-07-14  expires: never       usage: SC
                      trust: ultimate      validity: ultimate
 sub  4096g/CB84563C  created: 2007-07-14  expires: never       usage: E
 [ultimate] (1). Patrick Grieshaber (Nickname: Sysspoof) <sysspoof at ng-lab.org>

 Invalid command  (try "help")

 Command> addcardkey
 gpg: detected reader `CCID Smart Card Reader 0 0'

 Please select the type of key to generate:
    (1) Signature key
    (2) Encryption key
    (3) Authentication key
 Your selection? 3

 gpg: WARNING: such a key has already been stored on the card!

 Replace existing key? (y/N) y

 PIN
 gpg: verify CHV2 failed: invalid passphrase
 gpg: error checking the PIN: invalid passphrase

 And i don't know why. I tried the admin pin and the normal/user pin.

I already once tried to write down some subkeys as you see. But unfortunately, the gpg software broke due a segfault :S

 So may the card is corrupt?
 Is there a way to change the pin (?)... i still have the admin pin, also still the default one, i received with a letter from fsfeurope.

Thanks in advance,

Patrick Grieshaber