GPG Output Files

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Nov 22 10:20:27 CET 2007

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 18:52, matthew.loring at nsg-inc.org said:
> I am using the binary version of GPG for Windows, version 1.47.
> Everything works fine, but I have a need to automatically decrypt
> files through a script. The hangup that I have right now is that I
> need to decrypt multiple files and send the output to a file and NOT
> <STDOUT>. I know I can use the --output <filename> command, but I
> don't want to specify a static file for this script because there are
> multiple files. I would also like to just retain the original filename

You may want to use the option:

  --multifile

            This modifies certain other commands to accept multiple
            files for processing on the command line or read from stdin
            with each filename on a separate line.  This allows for many
            files to be processed at once.  --multifile may currently be
            used along with --verify, --encrypt, and --decrypt.  Note
            that `--multifile --verify' may not be used with detached
            signatures.

You might need to compine it with --yes and --batch so that existing
files are overwritten.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner