Decrypting 2 files which were merged into 1

Sven Radde email at sven-radde.de
Thu Apr 3 19:13:48 CEST 2008

Hi!

Am Donnerstag, den 03.04.2008, 22:06 +0530 schrieb ravi shankar:
> Once the file has been fetched, we get the merged file(if there are 2
> files present with same name on the client machine) directly. How can
> we separate the 2 encrypted files from the merged file? Is there a way
> to specifically extract 1 encrypted file out of that merged file and
> the other separately again? I mean some params,commands etc?

Maybe I didn't make it clear that I think that it is not GnuPG's task to
do the separation for you.
Before even invoking GnuPG in your batch job, you should invoke a
program to separate the two files. You will have to do some
programming/scripting work of your own here, depending of how exactly
those two files are merged into the one you're receiving.
If they are simply concatenated ASCII-armored files that ought to be
rather simple by parsing for the "END PGP MESSAGE" line in the middle of
the file.

HTH, Sven