Signing people with only one form of ID?

Sven Radde email at sven-radde.de
Thu Feb 28 07:22:50 CET 2008

Hi!

Am Donnerstag, den 28.02.2008, 01:38 +0100 schrieb Richard Hartmann:
> after creating a new key and getting back into 'serious' gpg usage,
> I attended a key signing party where the overwhelming portion of
> people had only one form of ID with them.

What do you define as "form of ID"?

Being german, I am really baffled by this question...
I have only one personal identity card and it is really sufficient to
prove my identity to anyone. I could bring along my traveller's passport
but that one is issued by the same authority based on the same data.

What else would count as "form of ID"? Credit card? Credit card with
picture? Library card? A bonus card from the german railway with
picture? I am sure that I could come up with about a dozen such pieces
of "ID" with a wrong name on it (and, if applicable, my picture).

cu, Sven