I need a portable GUI for GnuPG

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Sat Jul 5 20:12:56 CEST 2008

Andre Amorim wrote:
> But It was discussed here before.
> If you have no control on your hardware, you cannot have your keys safer.

I would actually recommend against "anti-keylogger" tools like that.

Psychologists tell us that human beings tend not to be risk-averse so
much as risk-adjusting.  For instance, one result of air bags becoming
common automotive equipment is people began to drive faster.

If you decide "well, if I _have_ to use an untrusted machine, then at
least I'll be using an on-screen keyboard", that's all well and good.
But it's a very, very small cognitive leap from that to "I can use this
untrusted machine, after all, I'll be using an on-screen keyboard,"
which is really stupid.

Better to not use the tool at all, and retain your sense of healthy
paranoia.