Suggestions on how to compile for cygwin

John Clizbe JPClizbe at tx.rr.com
Thu May 8 19:57:09 CEST 2008

Kevin Hilton wrote:
> I frequently try to compile svn versions often for the cygwin
> platform.  Both for svn version of gnpgp 1.49 and gnupg2, I'm getting
> a lot of errors during the make process.  All are problems related to
> the gettext module.  By default cygwin is installed with gettext
> version 0.15 however I did go ahead and install version 0.17 from
> source as gettext 0.16 or later is required with the gpg2 source
> installation.  I'm still getting errors however.  Does anyone have any
> suggestions how to get around these errors?  It always involves the
> gettext package.

Sorry, took a bit... needed to build gettext-0.17 on my Cygwin install
first.

1.4.10-svn4754 built just fine. No idea why you're having so much
trouble. Did a fresh co and my normal build script.

--
John P. Clizbe                   Inet: JPClizbe (a) tx DAWT rr DAHT con
Ginger Bear Networks             hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net