Removing all installed versions of GNUPG

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Tue May 27 01:25:41 CEST 2008

giangios wrote:
> How can I remove all the installations?

Depends a lot on your distribution of Linux.

> Shall I go to the build directory and type 'make uninstall'?

That'll work for at least one of them.

It would be more helpful if you were to let us know which distribution
you're using, and where the gpg executables are located on your system.

Removing GnuPG entirely from a Linux system is not recommended and is
probably a bad idea.  Many distributions use GnuPG to digitally sign
their packages.  Without GnuPG, you have no way of knowing if your
packages are authentic.