Export secret key from WinXP (GnuPG) 1.4.7 to AIX PGP Version 6.5.8 gives Bad Pass Phrase

rlively 72ceot902 at sneakemail.com
Wed Sep 17 15:42:10 CEST 2008

I need help reconciling the two responses below.  I am still going to get a
test file encrypted/decrypted using GPG 1.4.7 with the owner of said key
just to see how it goes, but that might take a while, and I need to improve
my general understanding of this entire process and all of the software
involved anyway.

David Shaw wrote:

> Yes.  Even though the key specifies IDEA as a cipher, modern OpenPGP
> systems (GPG or PGP) will both use 3DES as an alternative if they do
> not have IDEA.
>
> > If they use a newer version of PGP or GnuPG we should be fine?
>
> Yes.

This is a PGP 2.6 key, unfortunately.