GnuPG and Windows XP Home

John Clizbe John at Mozilla-Enigmail.org
Mon Mar 16 23:48:52 CET 2009

Alf Wernersson wrote:
> I'm trying to install GPG on my Laptop running XP Home. After the
> install process I run CMD and write "GPG --version". This seems to be
> OK. After that I write "GPG --list-keys and receive following message:
<snip>
> Does not GPG4win support Windows XP? Any suggestions?

I haven't used the new gpg4win 1.1.4 but GnuPG 1.4.9 works fine on XP.
   ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/binary/gnupg-w32cli-1.4.9.exe
   ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/binary/gnupg-w32cli-1.4.9.exe.sig

Since you issued --list-keys, I assume you already have keyring files,
right?

Do you have them where gpg is expecting them?
'gpg --version' will tell you where gpg expects to find keys.

If you copied over keyrings, did you also copy the trustdb?

Without know how you installed things and populated keyrings, all we can
do is guess at problems and solutions.

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or