questions: no input file, and pascal programming

Philip subs at christiantena.net
Fri May 1 23:53:06 CEST 2009

Hi
I have some questions about gpg
1.  using gpg command line, can I pass data to be encrypted to gpg that
isn't in a file?  For example if I want to encrypt "Mary had a little
lamb" to a an asc file but I don't want to put that text onto the hard
drive unencrypted first.
2.  is there something like gpgme that can be used easily for pascal
programmers?
Personally I use freepascal and I just want to be able to select a key,
encrypt and decrypt from within my program.
If anyone knows of any opensource pascal programs that use gnupg it
would be appreciated.
thanks, Philip