questions: no input file, and pascal programming

John Clizbe John at Mozilla-Enigmail.org
Sat May 2 03:52:56 CEST 2009

Philip wrote:
> Hi
> I have some questions about gpg
> 1.  using gpg command line, can I pass data to be encrypted to gpg that
> isn't in a file?  For example if I want to encrypt "Mary had a little
> lamb" to a an asc file but I don't want to put that text onto the hard
> drive unencrypted first.

gpg will behave as a pipe or if given no input, quietly wait for you to
type something in.

> 2.  is there something like gpgme that can be used easily for pascal
> programmers?
> Personally I use freepascal and I just want to be able to select a key,
> encrypt and decrypt from within my program.
> If anyone knows of any opensource pascal programs that use gnupg it
> would be appreciated.

Pascal bindings should exist for the current gpgme, I've just not found
them.

I've worked with one pascal program that used gpgme bindings but it was
code before gpgme API changed. I'd love to find updated bindings and
save myself the effort of updating the old ones

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or