how to sign files inside a folder?

John Clizbe John at Mozilla-Enigmail.org
Wed May 27 06:01:19 CEST 2009

John Clizbe wrote:
> Faramir wrote:
>> Hello,
>> 	I saw a question in the support list in Spanish language, and it is
>> about how to sign files inside a folder, in Windows OS, without using
>> additional tools. The goal is to have a tree of folders, with files
>> inside, and to sign individually each file (with detached signature, if
>> I am not wrong).
>>
>> 	Since I have never had to do something like that, I don't have the
>> faintest idea about how to do it, if it is possible to do it.
>>
>>         Compressing the folder an signing the compressed file is what
>> the person behind the question wants to avoid.
>
> I saw that one.
>
> I don't know about doing it "without using additional tools". The
> windows CMD shell doesn't give one a boatload of useful commands.

Amazing what I can find with Google and an ancient Pocket Ref

Try this in a CMD window

cd \top\level\directory

FOR /F "usebackq delims==" %i IN (`dir/s/b *.txt`) DO @gpg --passphrase
deafbeef -u 0xdecafbad -sb  %i

-u is the key one wishes to use to sign.

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or