gpg.conf

John Clizbe John at Mozilla-Enigmail.org
Mon Nov 2 13:43:23 CET 2009

David Gray wrote:
> Hello John,
>
> Thanks for the man page and skeleton file for gpg.conf, both very useful.

Anytime

> The main issue at the moment (thread: "No secret key under different account") is how
> to access the keyring files under a different account.  I'm looking for the
> best (least duplication of data/settings ) solution to this and someone suggested
> adding a reference to gpg.conf.

I think that was me :-)

> I've installed GPG under the 'Administrator' account but the C# executable
> which runs GPG, will run from a SQL Server 2005 agent job, the account for this
> is SQLService, therefore this account needs to see the keyrings owned by Administrator.

Ok, simple redirection. Same as relocating keys to portable media.

In SQLService's gpg.conf, something like:

no-default-keyring
keyring		..\..\..\Administrator\Applic~1\GnuPG\pubring.gpg
secret-keyring	..\..\..\Administrator\Applic~1\GnuPG\secring.gpg
trustdb-name	..\..\..\Administrator\Applic~1\GnuPG\trustdb.gpg

You'll need to also make sure SQLService has +R+W permissions to those files.

Alternatively, as David Shaw pointed out in the other thread, you may invoke
gpg/gpg2 with the --homedir option to point it to the directory containing
Administrator's keyring and conf files

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or