Testing the exit status

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Oct 12 11:59:40 CEST 2009

On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 11:29, David.Gray at turpin-distribution.com said:

> Can you tell me what the numeric arguments are for status-fd?

That is the file descriptor obn which output should happen.  Usualy you
woul use
  --status-fd 2
to output to stderr; however how can use arbitrary file descriptors.

> I've downloaded the source for GPG and looked at the doc/DETAILS
> file but on Windows this is unreadable.

Read it in an editor (e.g. notepad).  As with all code we use Unix line
endings (LF) and not Windows line endings (CR,LF).

> Also it seems as if gpgme is not available for Windows, is this correct?

It is available for Windows.  Simply install gpg4win (the light version
is sufficient) and you find the gpgme dll in the install directory.
libgpgme-11.dll is the native one, libgpgme-glib-11.dll is the one to
use with GLIB based software and libgpgme-qt-11.dll the one to use with
QT based software.  Note that the file gpgme-w32spawn.exe must be in the
same directory as the DLL.  The header file is identical for Unix and
Windows, a manual is online at
http://gnupg.org/documentation/manuals.en.html .

> I'm running GPG from a C# application using the Process class.  If I
> understand

There is a C# wrapper for GPGME as well, please use a search machine to
locate it.

> correctly then you are suggesting I use status-fd to redirect to a file
> and then
> open this to interrogate the results.

No, you need to use pipes for that.

Salam-Shalom,