Gnupg good for big groups?

Paul Richard Ramer free10pro at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 09:22:55 CEST 2010

On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 12:59:45 -0700, Paul Richard Ramer wrote:
> 681 Messages sent by members of the list
> 628 Encrypted messages
> 36 NETMK messages
> 37-41 Keys
> 37-40 Members
> 32 Members sent encrypted messages
> 13 Members were responsible for not encrypting to someone's key
> 12 Members sent NETMK messages
>
> And for what it's worth:
>
> 22 Messages weren't encrypted to my key
>
> So for me that makes approximately 1 in 29 encrypted messages was not
> encrypted to my key, 1 in 19 of all messages was a NETMK message, and 1
> in 12 of all messages was either not encrypted to my key or a NETMK
> complaint.

My apology.  Two of the numbers that I posted were wrong.  The total of
encrypted messages should be 641, and the number of members who didn't
encrypt to someone's key was 18.  Also, note that the ratios that I gave
are still correct despite the corrections.  I have reposted the original
message with the corrected numbers below.

-Paul

-----Corrected message below-----

Well, I have some numbers to show the frequency of NETMK (Not
Encrypted To My Key) messages.  I was on the PGPNET mailing list for
just over three months, and these are my findings (note that all of
these numbers are from the day that I joined to the day that roll call
ended and my key was removed).

681 Messages sent by members of the list
641 Encrypted messages
36 NETMK messages
37-41 Keys
37-40 Members
32 Members sent encrypted messages
18 Members were responsible for not encrypting to someone's key