policy url is not set on selfsigs

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Fri Aug 13 04:06:20 CEST 2010

On Aug 12, 2010, at 12:30 PM, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Just found out, that a policy _is_ actually set when using
> --set-policy-urls when creating a key (--gen-key)....
>
> But it seems there is no way of changing that later..
> I've looked through the code but could not find the place why it's
> ignored when just e.g. changing the keyserver/prefs/etc.

This is intentional.  When you change the keyserver or prefs, you are *just* changing the keyserver or prefs.  It would not be appropriate to silently add a policy URL or notation as part of the process.  If you want to change a policy URL or notation after it has been issued, you can simply delete the old sig (even a self-sig can be deleted) and re-issue it.

David