help needed to load idea.dll in Vista32

Doman Name Administrator dna at trc.NET
Sat Jan 30 22:47:59 CET 2010

Hello,

We are trying to change over to Mozilla Thunderbird 3 w/OpenPGP on a 32
bit Vista machine. The primary reason being a PGP signature we need to
continue to use originally created in 1999.

When we go to sign the email with the sig we get:

"
Send operation aborted.

Error - encryption command failed

gpg command line and output:
C:\Program Files\GNU\GnuPG\gpg.exe
gpg: protection algorithm 1 (IDEA) is not supported
gpg: the IDEA cipher plugin is not present
gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/faq/why-not-idea.html for more
information
gpg: skipped "0xD7AFB487": unknown cipher algorithm
gpg: [stdin]: clearsign failed: unknown cipher algorithm
"

Of course we have already downloaded and intalled the idea.dll made for
Windows 32. However, there are no 'options' or gnupg config files nor
does it have the files structure of WinXPP.

One instruction said we should copy file idea.dll to directory
c:\lib\gnupg and add following line to GPG options file, which there is
not an options file nor a c:\lib\gnupg directory.

I've also changed the registry:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GNU\GNUPG]
OptFile=C:\\Program Files\\GNU\\GnuPG\\options

How in the world am I supposed to get this dll loaded?

Thanks,

Ellis